Bangalore based startup, Flux Auto has quietly worked its way to beat the likes of Google and Tesla to launch its own Self Driving Truck for the Indian roads. Kept under stealth mode till two months back, this 11-month old startup will launch its pilot programme in early February next … Read the rest
Inspired by the touch screen mobile technology- ZF, a German automotive technology firm, has taken upon itself to incorporate the aging steering wheel with modern tech innovations that can keep up with the cars of the future.
The steering wheel has capacitive sensors around the rim, along with a … Read the rest
The 21st century has witnessed many key innovations in its time, and perhaps its time for someone to alter Gordon Moore’s statement from 1965, where he laid down the principles of the famous Moore’s Law. The pace at which developments are happening these days are just phenomenal and its just … Read the rest
The Bureau Of Labor Statistics claims that a vast majority of Americans operate vehicles to earn their livelihood. In fact it is the largest profession in the United States, that employs more than 1.7 million individuals. Once self-driving cars become the norm- a very substantial amount of Americans will be … Read the rest
Ride-hailing company Lyft has now authorized, sending in their self-driving cars to pick up passengers in the Boston neighborhood. The cars will be maneuvered with the help of a backup human drivers at the wheel and will be limited to short routes within the city’s Seaport District, a burgeoning tech … Read the rest
French Automakers, Renault has striked a deal with Media Group Challenges, to promote autonomous content on the internet. The company bought close 40% shares in the media outlet. With businesses moving online and realizing the importance of generating online traffic, Renault made a strategic investment for the future with this … Read the rest
- Tesla is making AI chips for its autonomous vehicles.
- CEO Elon Musk broke the news on Thursday at a company party following an intelligence conference.
- Jim Keller, the company’s vice president of hardware, indicated that producing the chips in-house could allow Tesla to make them much more powerful at a
- China is eager to develop smart cities to cater to an autonomous-driving revolution.
- Nearly 300 Chinese regions and have already introduced projects for “smart cities” controlled by artificial intelligence that can be optimized for autonomous transportation.
- In addition to autonomous driving, ride-sharing and ride-hailing services are projected to generate a
Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it would relocate its autonomous and electric vehicle units to Detroit from Dearborn, Michigan. The company said the new facility located in the Corktown neighborhood would be up and running early next year.
… Read the rest
The relocation brings together Ford teams that are creating new business
AEye, a company founded by Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and NASA veteran Luis Dussan is hoping to To get to the next stage in the world of autonomity by making better sensors. Majority of the autonomous vehicles are currently depended upon LiDAR sensors, which use laser beams to take … Read the rest