- Tesla is making AI chips for its autonomous vehicles.
- CEO Elon Musk broke the news on Thursday at a company party following an intelligence conference.
- Jim Keller, the company’s vice president of hardware, indicated that producing the chips in-house could allow Tesla to make them much more powerful at a
- China is eager to develop smart cities to cater to an autonomous-driving revolution.
- Nearly 300 Chinese regions and have already introduced projects for “smart cities” controlled by artificial intelligence that can be optimized for autonomous transportation.
- In addition to autonomous driving, ride-sharing and ride-hailing services are projected to generate a
Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it would relocate its autonomous and electric vehicle units to Detroit from Dearborn, Michigan. The company said the new facility located in the Corktown neighborhood would be up and running early next year.
… Read the rest
The relocation brings together Ford teams that are creating new business
AEye, a company founded by Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and NASA veteran Luis Dussan is hoping to To get to the next stage in the world of autonomity by making better sensors. Majority of the autonomous vehicles are currently depended upon LiDAR sensors, which use laser beams to take … Read the rest
With UK going full fledged on achieving its Autonomous Dream by 2021, the government is keen to bring in any sort of reforms to support this project. The officials have approved the construction of new ‘experimental’ roads that will be built in the West Midlands – specifically for driverless cars.… Read the rest
In a major move to kick start proceedings of autonomous in the country, Sweden is set to initiate an ambitious test run of cars which is described to be the world’s largest thus far. In the trial run, which is being organized by the state-funded program Drive Sweden, an array … Read the rest
With a load of exciting projects up ahead with the deployment of autonomous cars, a central piece of prominence has emerged as to how would autonomous vehicle (AV) technology will disrupt the current city landscape? The word around is that, these exciting new vehicles won’t have to park and will … Read the rest
With every aspect of business focused on Autonomous Cars, companies can’t wait to keep customers engaged on board once the novelty and fear has worn off. Part of this plan will come to effect from 2030’s as Intel is partnering with Warner Bros. to find ways to divert customers attention … Read the rest
Although there are many development efforts underway, the first Level 4 cars to come to the market, probably won’t be sold directly to consumers. Instead, they’ll be put into service with ride-hailing companies like Uber Technologies and Lyft: They’ll be automated taxis, limited (at least at first) to well-mapped cities.… Read the rest
With a vision to innovate and change the face of mobility, Waymo continues to break barriers and press its lead in terms of actual miles driven on roads. The project which started off as a part of Google’s Self Driving Initiative, has been around for over a decade and now … Read the rest